Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My first bird photos of spring

After a long winter of rarely taking photos outdoors, spring is here again. It felt like spring was delayed for too long. Although the past winter season wasn't really bad at all...I can't complain.

With spring comes showers, and flowers and chirping birds in the morning that were gone during the winter. One spring morning I heard birds eating the bird seeds in our bird feeders so I prepped my dslr in our loft. 

I attached my favorite Canon 400mm f/5.6 to my 6D and got ready to head downstairs. It was pretty overcast outside so I set my ISO to auto so I wouldn't bother tinkering with it while I take shots. I then set my shooting mode to shutter priority and set my shutter speed.

This brave one was so hungry it didn't even move when it saw me.

I went out near our bird feeders and found a pair of doves chowing down the fallen seeds from our bird feeder. They just looked at me and continued to eat. I guess they were so hungry.


This one waited for me to get closer to take my photo.

This day officially starts the bird season for photography! I cannot imagine how many bird photos I'm going to take this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment