Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Model shots

These past weekends have been busy for me photography wise. I did a hard drive cleanup, which is still ongoing, and I had a couple of photography jobs. Did 2 shoots in a span of 2 days. I ended up doing 505 for a model shoot and around 85 for a family portrait. So I'm pretty much still editing the shots from those two shoots. It was exhausting but it was a lot of fun.

It was a pretty day to do model shots...this time of the year is one of the warmest days to go out and have a shoot, at least for me. It was around 60 degrees out but was really sunny. Absolutely perfect for an outdoors shoot.




I was doing two models at once so I know I am going to use up a lot of memory space. I brought in 2 8gb cards and filled them up in about 2 hours. Good thing I had my trusty Ipad with me.

For the outdoor shoot I brought 2 bodies and 2 lenses. I didn't wanna deal with lens swapping for the shoot. I brought along a 17-40mm for wide angle model shots and my trusty 70-200 2.8 IS USM, which is by the way the BEST portrait lens. in the end I wasn't able to use the wide angle as I was so busy using my telephoto which was excellent in isolating the subject from the background. It's a good thing to have it with me though just in case.

Most of the time I have the models back against the sun to give them a natural highlight in their hair. Then I set my camera to aperture priority and dial in the most open aperture I can get without over exposing my subject...since I was using the 2.8 telephoto lens, I had plenty of room.






I'l be posting the studio shots after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment