Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slik Sprint Pro II GM Tripod with Ballhead


I was looking for a nice cheap and lightweight tripod when my $20.00 tripod snapped with my 50d in it. Good thing it fell on the carpet and not on concrete.

I was browsing online which tripod is good on a $50.00-$100.00 range. Alas, I found this on the BH photo website.

The ballhead was ok for light use. If you are using a monster lens such as the 70-200, I suggest you buy a ballhead that can handle a heavier load. So I basically sold the ballhead that came with it and bought a better one. I will review that next.

Fully extended, the tripod actually isn't bad at all. It still is pretty stable. The only complaint I have about it is that when the legs are not extended and the camera is in portrait position the tripod has a tendency to tip over. You can fix this by adding a counter weight on one leg. Other than that...it is a best buy for this price range.

The tripod legs can also be folded to make it really low to the ground, very useful for macro shots.

Portability is a neat feature of this tripod. It's actually shorter than my $20.00 tripod because of the ballhead. I just put it in my camera bag's outer pocket and I'm all ready to go.

If you are looking for a tripod that is really sturdy for the price...get this one. You'll never regret it.

Get it from here.

As always BH photo never fails to give you the best service for photo and video equipment.

The tripod image is from the BH photo video website.

No comments:

Post a Comment