Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy new year!

I just want to wish everybody a happy new year! 2011 wasn't bad at all for me. I had a couple of awards, and stuff that I got from 2011. As far as I can remember, here are the key moments from 2011.


I got myself 2 430ex II's. Perfect team for mobile studio setups!


I got a 35mm f2 lens. Awesome addition to my prime lens setup.

I finally used the full potential of my cameras live view mode. I just learned that it is perfect for macro shots.

Five of my photos won the Chicago flower and garden show photo contest...including best in show.

A water resistant panel was added to my table for water splash shots.

Purchased a Kenko 1.4 teleconverter to use with my 70-200 IS USM lens.


Acquired one of my most important light modifiers...the beauty dish.


Upgraded my tripod to a Manfrotto 190x prob tripod.

Upgraded my ballhead to a Giottos 1302 pro series ballhead.

Shot a couple of cover shots at work.

Maximized the use of the beauty dish in the studio...and the results were awesome!

Learned a ton of HDR techniques.

Went to Tenesse and did a shoot of a live band.

Damaged my Slik tripod. But THK photo products repaired it for free.


Acquired a Canon MR-14 macro ring light.


Maximized the use of AEB feature in my camera.

Acquired a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.

Went full frame with a Canon 5d mk2.

Went to Plymouth Indiana for the Blueberry festival.

Acquired a Tokina 17mm prime lens.


Sold the Tokina 17mm and got a Canon 17-40L.


Woke up early in the morning one day and experienced the beauty of a really early morning shoot.

Utilized the 70-200 IS USM's ability to shoot flowers.


Got a perfect shot of a rainbow.


Won an Ipad2 from work. (the sweetest prize for 2011)

Shot some really neat landscape shots on a hike one cold afternoon.

Imac at home died on me.

Repaired the Imac back to life.


Purchased a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens.


Did an afternoon model shot at fall.

Got tired of HDR.

Learned how to use a graduated neutral density filter.

Did a family portrait for a friend at work.

Did Carters 2nd birthday shots.

Was contacted to do a basketball game coverage.

...and the last formal photo shoot of the year, my friends family portrait for Christmas.

And at the end of he year...one of my photos was once again published for the best of 2011 photography.

Last but not the least...I was at the front page of the business section of the Chicago Tribune. NO KIDDING!!!

Hopefully this year will bring more for my photography...and when I mean more, I mean more projects.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment