Monday, November 21, 2011

My Imac is back in action!



Finally got my hard drive couple of days ago from BH photo video and I did surgery on my Imac. I bought a Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green SATA Internal Hard Drive and installed it myself. I googled step by step processes on how to do it by yourself and there were a ton of videos online for it. The steps were pretty much straightforward. I never thought disassembling an Imac is that simple. Although I don't encourage it. Only if you know what you're doing then go ahead and do it yourself...I will not be accountable to whatever happens to your mac.

Installed the hard drive, formatted it to a mac journaled format, and installed OSX snow leopard. So far so good...hopefully the new drive will last the mac it's entire lifetime.

Now it's back to business as usual...

No comments:

Post a Comment