Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dead Imac



After waking up late friday night from a nap, I went upstairs to work on some photos, and was shocked to see that my Imac was sick...very very sick.

I have seen the dreaded grey screen of death from my friends mac mini years ago, and it was the same dreaded sight that I saw went I went up to where my mac was. I touched the back of it and it was burning hot. Like it has a fever...hahahaha. So I turned it off and restarted it. Still no luck. So I decided just to deal with it in the morning.

Next morning I woke up and my Imac still wasn't working. I then proceeded to boot it up using my OSX disc and managed to do a disk repair through there. It said that there was a problem repairing my hard drive so I went ahead to format it. I installed OSX again just for the heck of it. Surprising thing was...it worked!

I then spent the whole day installing everything that was installed before. All my photo editing software and other stuff. It was working good for the rest of that Saturday.

Sunday night I took some shots and went ahead and edited them. I managed to save 1 file and was saving the second one when my Imac died on me again. This time the hard drive never recovered form the disk rescue utility I was using. So I decided to just replace the hard drive instead of buying a new one.

I ordered a new 1 tb hard drive from BH photo. In case it does not work, I can return it. That's why I love BH photo because they have an awesome return policy. The drive will not be here till for 2 days. In those 2 days of waiting with no computer my xbox 360 will be my best friend.

Hopefully the drive works...

No comments:

Post a Comment