Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bridal expo in Chicago Illinois

Today me and my fiancée went to a bridal expo in Chicago. There was a ton going on at the venue. The main reason why I wanted to go there was the fashion show.

This will be my very first live fashion show so I decided to bring my most trusted lens which is my 70-200 IS telephoto. I actually made a smart choice as I can just stay in one spot and zoom in all the way to the closest shot that I can get. Couple of days ago, I also got a Canon 430ex II, to replace my aging Sigma 500 dg st. Both pieces of equipment proved to be really worth it for this case scenario.

It was pretty bright in the venue as the sun was shining through the windows where the fashion show was held. I had enough light so I set my camera to aperture priority mode so I don't have to worry about my exposures as the models are moving. I used a flash so the models faces would be lit evenly, even in the sun. To avoid overexposure, I set up my flash to high speed synchronization mode...as my camera sometimes sets the shutter speed to above the normal sync speed. Great results were achieved throughout the show!




















The complete set can be viewed here:
http://www.pbase.com/hardcoreboy/2011_bridal_expo_fashion_show

No comments:

Post a Comment